Do you love reading?
Are you fascinated by the load of information available to our generation?
There was a time, where owning a book was a privilege, that only very few in the society could afford.
Today, we are blessed with abundance. Many of us can buy as many books as they wish. Technology allows us to even travel with a whole library in our pocket (you know the mini gadgets I am talking about, right?).
Nevertheless, for me, owning books and learning from authors is still a privilege.
Beyond the information provided, I cherish the transformation a book can bring in my life.
Here are 12 books that I enjoyed reading. I consider their authors, people who made a difference in my life. Of course I could come up with many more books. However, let´s stick to these 12 book recommendations for today.
1) Positive Intelligence: Why Only 20% of Teams and Individuals Achieve Their True Potential AND HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOURS by Shirzad Chamine
I used to struggle with my strengths. To most of them, I could attach a weakness. For example: I am unstoppable. But due to that, I didn´t feel okay taking a needed break. This book showed my how our strengths sometimes become our saboteurs. The book also showed me how to recognize those saboteurs and deal with them.
2) Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway: How to Turn Your Fear and Indecision into Confidence and Action by Susan Jeffers
I read this book in a time where I started to see fear as a fuel in my life. The book confirmed my new perception of fears and added much more to it. A must read.
3) The Millionaire Messenger: Make a Difference and a Fortune Sharing Your Advice
I am still reading this one right now
4) Think And Grow Rich
I read this one because it is supposed to be a best seller. It confirmed to me that the difference between a winner and a “less winner” (I don´t believe in loosing. I think we always lern something) is in the head.
5) Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
This one brought so much more understanding in my mariage. If you are in a partnership, you should read it with your partner or at least take the primary love language test with your partner.
6) Slow Sex: Zeit finden für die Liebe
There is a DVD about slow sex. I loved the new perspective Diana Richardson gives about sex. To me it changed a whole lot. Just the idea of slowing down and enjoying sexuality is incredible cool.
7) Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment
To me this book has a clear message. Men still just want to make women happy. Women still hold a whole lot of the deal in their hands. But as long as women don´t recognize their power and don´t use it to the good of all, men and women are lost.
8) 10 Stupid Things Women Do to Mess Up Their Lives
This goes in the same direction as the above. Sometimes women play with just no rules. And it is important to set some rules to the kind of men you want in your life. You do not want to end up with a fool at your side, do you?
9) Ich könnte alles tun, wenn ich nur wüsste, was ich will
This is one of the first self development books I have read. And the message always works. I can do anything, when I know what I want.
10) Hallo Tarzan!: Durch bessere Kommunikation zu einer glücklichen Beziehung
Gigi Tomasek & Birgit Claire Engel
I found the approach of this one funny. The idea of us still being Tarzan and Jane is hilarious. But it works. I believe that again, women are powerful. We just need to know and use our power to the good of all.
11)Mach dich unbeliebt und glücklich: und nimm dir vom Leben, was du willst!
This one helped me a lot regarding my sense of harmony. Sometimes it is very important to set your boundaries very clearly.
12) Der Weg des Künstlers. Ein spiritueller Pfad zur Aktivierung unserer Kreativität.
For every creative person out there, this book is a delight.
NOW It´s YOUR TURN
Which books are a must-read in your opinion?
Share in the comments.